Skip to main content

Lipak nga Eks-eks

“Dali kay nagsugod na!”, sangpit sa akong maguwang dungan kaway sa iyang kamot.

“Di man ko kaabot diri.” hinay ko nga pamulong.

“Ilis nalang ta. Anhi ka oh. Di ta magsaba kay kasab-an ta’ng Nang Bibi”


Milabay ang pipila ka minutos dihang pwerteng tagaktak sa akong singot, nagkurog na sab akong mga tuhod ug hapdos na gyud akong mga kamot. 

“Pakaaaaakkk!!!”

“Hala naunsa man mo diha?!” syagit ni Nang Bibi.

Nadakdak ko og naligid ko sa tungoran nila Nang Bibi. Mibangon kog dali-dali. Gipaphaan sa akong maguwang akong sampot nga napuno sa basang yuta. Og sa akong mga kamot akong nakita ang lipak sa bintana nila Nang Bibi. Nalabnot diay kini.

Katagakon na sab akong mga luha ug pwerte na nakong pangulba.

“Pauli namo sa inyoha! Anhi man gyud mo manan-aw! Ibutang ng kahoy diha kay pailisan ko na sa imong Mama ug Papa.!” pangasaba ni Nang Bibi.

“Tana!”. Gibira ko sa akong maguwang pauli. Wa na gyud mapugngi ang pagdagayday sa akong mga luha. Naguol ko sa lipak nila Nang Bibi ug sa pangasaba sa akong ginikanan o diba kaha mas naguol ko nga wa nako mahibaw-i ang tapos sa salida.

“Maaaaa! Paaaaa! Si Giging ba kay nakasala.” Gisaysay sa akong maguwang ang panghitabo og kaluoy sa Ginoo wala man masuko akong ginikanan.

Kilom-kilom sa sunod adlaw, nalantawan nako akong amahan nga adunay gilukdo nga box.

Misugat ko niya dayon pangutana, “Unsa na pa?”

“Sud ta sa balay para makakita ka.” malipayong tubag ni Papa.

Sa dihang giablihan na sa akong amahan ang box...

“Hala TV!!??” 

Dagko among mga katawa sa akong maguwang. 

“Yeeyyy!!! Naa na mi TV!!!” 

Dayon giplastar kini ni Papa sa gamayng lamisa. Gisangit na sab niya ang antenna dapit sa atop. 

“Ay biraha sa tong battery bi.” sugo ni papa namo.

Gitabangan namog duot ug bira ang battery paduol sa TV. Gi clip dayon ni papa ang wire og gituplok ang TV. Karat ang TV. Black and white ang TV. Gi liso-liso ang gamayng "circle" aron maka timing og tin-aw nga channel.


Naa na mi TV.  Dili na ko mokapyot sa gi eks-eks nga lipak nga bintana nila Nang Bibi.

Mipahiyom ako nga naglantaw sa gi send ni Mama nga picture sa messenger. Nakapalit na gyud sila sa iyang gipamarayeg nga  43" Smart TV.   Dali sab kong ninaog sa train station aron dili mabanggaan sa mga Hapon nga pwerteng paspasa manglakaw.  

P.S. 💗
This is a real story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Stores and Restaurants in Tokyo

For somebody who craves for Filipino food and snacks from time to time, here are the stores I frequent to. I can only share a limited perspective but solely based on my experiences. Read on! Filipino Stores 1. Asia Yaosho (Kabukicho, Shinjuku)  While they mostly have Filipino products, they also sell Thai goods. I think their prices are a little lower than the other Filipino stores I've tried. However, they have limited stocks and they often run out of items that I usually need, like Bearbrand. 😁 Credits: This photo is from this website .  2.  Ameyoko Center Underground Marekt (Ueno)   This market is heaven for Southeast Asians. They have a lot of varieties, dry goods, frozen meat, and even fresh seafood. There are also two Filipino stores in the area. They sell more items than Asia Yaosho but they are a bit pricey.  Credits: Photo is from this website. The market is underground. The entrance is on the side of this building at the center of this photo.  3....

Summer: Warm Encounters

This year's summer break has been the best I've had in Japan or at least ever since I got to spend for my trips on my own. But while scanning through a thousand travel photos on my phone and camera, I realized that travel is made even more special with people you are with and those you encounter. Izumo, Shimane Other than its quiet and laidback atmosphere, the beauty of Izumo lies on its people. Our going there wasn't as carefully planned as it should have been. It's much farther from Tokyo and would honestly cost us more. But my oneechan convinced me that it will be worthwhile. I also happen to have a friend living in Izumo and I thought it will be a good opportunity for a catch up.  This Izumo friend drove us around and went out of her way for us to be able to spend a memorable day around the area. She as usual welcomed us with warmth and excitement sharing the history and stories of her hometown here and there. She is also naturally funny. Her quirks still make me gi...

GGPEI First Anniversary (Team Mary)

For almost eight months now, I have worked as an online ESL teacher to Japanese. And just recently, the company I am currently connected with had its first anniversary (wohooooo!!!) It feels overwhelming to be part of this celebration. The firsts are always historical. As part of the event, the company which has more than a hundred employees decided to have this Team Dance and Halloween Costume Design Competitions. Our team, Team Mary , won 3rd place and 2nd place respectively. We are CHAMPIONS! FYI: We are the only team (out of eight teams ehems ehems) to win in both categories. Lemme repeat, WE ARE CHAMPIONS! This is my blog so I'm a little biased. What I loved about the prep and practice days was that I get to know the people I am working with deeper. And because I have all the right to be biased because I repeat, this is my blog lemme describe my team mates and what I discovered about them! hahahaha However, I can only list here those who I spent more time with. hehehe....