Skip to main content

A No Cellphone Day in Cebu

Just a few days ago when the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) agreed to shut down mobile phone signals and mobile data or wifi in Cebu today and tomorrow (for safety reasons). 😁 Well, not really for the entire province but only in Metro Cebu. But, it's something to celebrate!

Please check this link to know more... 🙉 I don't want to discuss further coz that's not my job 😁




In the advent of social media and the easy access of internet almost everywhere. We've been bugged with our mobile phones that even while crossing the road, we're tap-tap-ing (pardon the word, me dunno the term) our phone screens.

And we've even lost the real meaning of communication. 😞 Hope these pictures paint a thousand words. 🎼🎶🎵🎶🎵








Need I say more? I'm not an exception to this 😎 Instead of going gaga over not having phone signals and not being able to flood posts on SNS, just consider it a good chance for you and your loved ones to talk of important things without any interruptions.

If you're going out with your friends, then just meet them somewhere BY FAITH! 😉





Oh....



And then again, Daddy Einstein is unfortunately right. 




gotta go! 😆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Stores and Restaurants in Tokyo

For somebody who craves for Filipino food and snacks from time to time, here are the stores I frequent to. I can only share a limited perspective but solely based on my experiences. Read on! Filipino Stores 1. Asia Yaosho (Kabukicho, Shinjuku)  While they mostly have Filipino products, they also sell Thai goods. I think their prices are a little lower than the other Filipino stores I've tried. However, they have limited stocks and they often run out of items that I usually need, like Bearbrand. 😁 Credits: This photo is from this website .  2.  Ameyoko Center Underground Marekt (Ueno)   This market is heaven for Southeast Asians. They have a lot of varieties, dry goods, frozen meat, and even fresh seafood. There are also two Filipino stores in the area. They sell more items than Asia Yaosho but they are a bit pricey.  Credits: Photo is from this website. The market is underground. The entrance is on the side of this building at the center of this photo.  3....

Summer: Warm Encounters

This year's summer break has been the best I've had in Japan or at least ever since I got to spend for my trips on my own. But while scanning through a thousand travel photos on my phone and camera, I realized that travel is made even more special with people you are with and those you encounter. Izumo, Shimane Other than its quiet and laidback atmosphere, the beauty of Izumo lies on its people. Our going there wasn't as carefully planned as it should have been. It's much farther from Tokyo and would honestly cost us more. But my oneechan convinced me that it will be worthwhile. I also happen to have a friend living in Izumo and I thought it will be a good opportunity for a catch up.  This Izumo friend drove us around and went out of her way for us to be able to spend a memorable day around the area. She as usual welcomed us with warmth and excitement sharing the history and stories of her hometown here and there. She is also naturally funny. Her quirks still make me gi...

GGPEI First Anniversary (Team Mary)

For almost eight months now, I have worked as an online ESL teacher to Japanese. And just recently, the company I am currently connected with had its first anniversary (wohooooo!!!) It feels overwhelming to be part of this celebration. The firsts are always historical. As part of the event, the company which has more than a hundred employees decided to have this Team Dance and Halloween Costume Design Competitions. Our team, Team Mary , won 3rd place and 2nd place respectively. We are CHAMPIONS! FYI: We are the only team (out of eight teams ehems ehems) to win in both categories. Lemme repeat, WE ARE CHAMPIONS! This is my blog so I'm a little biased. What I loved about the prep and practice days was that I get to know the people I am working with deeper. And because I have all the right to be biased because I repeat, this is my blog lemme describe my team mates and what I discovered about them! hahahaha However, I can only list here those who I spent more time with. hehehe....