Skip to main content

Love Does Not Keep a Record of Wrongs



This month's series at church is about the matters of the heart specifically what love is and what love is not. Yesterday, I just learned about one characteristic of love as Paul wrote in his book, IT DOES NOT KEEP A RECORD OF WRONGS ( 1 Corinthians 13:5 )

More often than not, as our human nature tells us, we tend to keep track on what have other people done to us. We do so because we wanted to believe that in every issue and in every argument we play the protagonist's part. Permit me to merely say that we don't want to be at fault.

Couples around the world have grown bitter to each other because of not ironing out past misunderstandings. Same is true with our friends. We spend more time squabbling and end up not talking to each other for a day or two or worse, weeks.

As our pastor explained, if we truly love the people around us, then there is no room to find faults. We accept and understand our differences. We build each other up. And we love selflessly and unconditionally. We don't expect any return of gratitude on whatever we do to them.

If we find it hard to love then we just have to look at the cross :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Stores and Restaurants in Tokyo

For somebody who craves for Filipino food and snacks from time to time, here are the stores I frequent to. I can only share a limited perspective but solely based on my experiences. Read on! Filipino Stores 1. Asia Yaosho (Kabukicho, Shinjuku)  While they mostly have Filipino products, they also sell Thai goods. I think their prices are a little lower than the other Filipino stores I've tried. However, they have limited stocks and they often run out of items that I usually need, like Bearbrand. 😁 Credits: This photo is from this website .  2.  Ameyoko Center Underground Marekt (Ueno)   This market is heaven for Southeast Asians. They have a lot of varieties, dry goods, frozen meat, and even fresh seafood. There are also two Filipino stores in the area. They sell more items than Asia Yaosho but they are a bit pricey.  Credits: Photo is from this website. The market is underground. The entrance is on the side of this building at the center of this photo.  3....

Summer: Warm Encounters

This year's summer break has been the best I've had in Japan or at least ever since I got to spend for my trips on my own. But while scanning through a thousand travel photos on my phone and camera, I realized that travel is made even more special with people you are with and those you encounter. Izumo, Shimane Other than its quiet and laidback atmosphere, the beauty of Izumo lies on its people. Our going there wasn't as carefully planned as it should have been. It's much farther from Tokyo and would honestly cost us more. But my oneechan convinced me that it will be worthwhile. I also happen to have a friend living in Izumo and I thought it will be a good opportunity for a catch up.  This Izumo friend drove us around and went out of her way for us to be able to spend a memorable day around the area. She as usual welcomed us with warmth and excitement sharing the history and stories of her hometown here and there. She is also naturally funny. Her quirks still make me gi...

GGPEI First Anniversary (Team Mary)

For almost eight months now, I have worked as an online ESL teacher to Japanese. And just recently, the company I am currently connected with had its first anniversary (wohooooo!!!) It feels overwhelming to be part of this celebration. The firsts are always historical. As part of the event, the company which has more than a hundred employees decided to have this Team Dance and Halloween Costume Design Competitions. Our team, Team Mary , won 3rd place and 2nd place respectively. We are CHAMPIONS! FYI: We are the only team (out of eight teams ehems ehems) to win in both categories. Lemme repeat, WE ARE CHAMPIONS! This is my blog so I'm a little biased. What I loved about the prep and practice days was that I get to know the people I am working with deeper. And because I have all the right to be biased because I repeat, this is my blog lemme describe my team mates and what I discovered about them! hahahaha However, I can only list here those who I spent more time with. hehehe....