Skip to main content

Because My Jesus Heals

Growing up, I seldom get sick or shall we say I try to battle with sickness on my own. I hate admitting to people that I am weak. As much as possible, I have to put up a strong facade to cover up a vulnerable foundation.

Whenever I get fever, colds, and cough, I normally and usually do the medication by myself. No seeking of advice from my parents, doctors, and Jesus. "I can manage." has always been my mantra. Mastering the excuse that it's just normal and it's not that critical.

For the past days, my fever has been on and off. Add to it colds and cough. But just yesterday right after I heard the preaching about Jesus being The Healer, I went home and humbly told my mama that we should go to the doctor.

My mama and papa were a bit surprised because it was the first time they heard me say that. Because as I've said, I don't want to admit that I'm fragile. So, it really took me courage and humility to say the words "Let's go to the doctor". ☺

But why to the doctor and not just fall down on my knees and ask Jesus to heal me right there and then?

Yesterday's preaching was based from the book of Acts 3:1-10 (Peter heals the lame beggar). It was Peter who healed the beggar who was lame from birth. Yes, Peter through the work of the Holy Spirit and by asking in the name of Jesus was able to perform a miracle to the man.

There are really times when Jesus would just use the people around us (and science too) to remind us of His great power ☺ He is above all.

☺☺☺

So yes, last night I worried about how much are we gonna pay. But my mama did not mind. She told me it's fine ♪♫♪ Actually, it just cost us P850.00!!! That's both for the doctor's fee and the medicine which is good for a week. But to me that means coffee, pizza, chocolates, yakult, and many more food (hahaha)

Befriending these meds ^_^

Kidding aside, as of this writing, I am still under medication (hahaha hebi da word). Way lami ang tambal. hihihi I needed to monitor my body temperature. If after three days I still have fever, I needed to undergo lab tests. (O_o)

I may not have been completely healed but I already claimed healing in Jesus name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filipino Stores and Restaurants in Tokyo

For somebody who craves for Filipino food and snacks from time to time, here are the stores I frequent to. I can only share a limited perspective but solely based on my experiences. Read on! Filipino Stores 1. Asia Yaosho (Kabukicho, Shinjuku)  While they mostly have Filipino products, they also sell Thai goods. I think their prices are a little lower than the other Filipino stores I've tried. However, they have limited stocks and they often run out of items that I usually need, like Bearbrand. 😁 Credits: This photo is from this website .  2.  Ameyoko Center Underground Marekt (Ueno)   This market is heaven for Southeast Asians. They have a lot of varieties, dry goods, frozen meat, and even fresh seafood. There are also two Filipino stores in the area. They sell more items than Asia Yaosho but they are a bit pricey.  Credits: Photo is from this website. The market is underground. The entrance is on the side of this building at the center of this photo.  3....

Summer: Warm Encounters

This year's summer break has been the best I've had in Japan or at least ever since I got to spend for my trips on my own. But while scanning through a thousand travel photos on my phone and camera, I realized that travel is made even more special with people you are with and those you encounter. Izumo, Shimane Other than its quiet and laidback atmosphere, the beauty of Izumo lies on its people. Our going there wasn't as carefully planned as it should have been. It's much farther from Tokyo and would honestly cost us more. But my oneechan convinced me that it will be worthwhile. I also happen to have a friend living in Izumo and I thought it will be a good opportunity for a catch up.  This Izumo friend drove us around and went out of her way for us to be able to spend a memorable day around the area. She as usual welcomed us with warmth and excitement sharing the history and stories of her hometown here and there. She is also naturally funny. Her quirks still make me gi...

GGPEI First Anniversary (Team Mary)

For almost eight months now, I have worked as an online ESL teacher to Japanese. And just recently, the company I am currently connected with had its first anniversary (wohooooo!!!) It feels overwhelming to be part of this celebration. The firsts are always historical. As part of the event, the company which has more than a hundred employees decided to have this Team Dance and Halloween Costume Design Competitions. Our team, Team Mary , won 3rd place and 2nd place respectively. We are CHAMPIONS! FYI: We are the only team (out of eight teams ehems ehems) to win in both categories. Lemme repeat, WE ARE CHAMPIONS! This is my blog so I'm a little biased. What I loved about the prep and practice days was that I get to know the people I am working with deeper. And because I have all the right to be biased because I repeat, this is my blog lemme describe my team mates and what I discovered about them! hahahaha However, I can only list here those who I spent more time with. hehehe....